Thursday, January 13, 2011

Banana Bread.

Tonight I made banana bread.  No big deal I make this so often I feel like I could make it in my sleep.  The recipe that I use I found on allrecipes.com.  I like it because it is super simple and you can use it to make a variety of sweet breads.  I usually have a fridge full of fruit and it does not always get eaten before it loses its freshness.  Sometimes we add our imperfect fruit to oatmeal and have it for breakfast but by far my favorite thing to do is make sweet breads.  Below is the original recipe, I usually add 1 tsp. of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. of vanilla, a little bit of nutmeg and clove if you have it around.  You can replace the bananas with other fruit you have around like ripe peaches or apples. And you can always add nuts.

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the

No comments:

Post a Comment